<strong>Watching your child grow in every aspect is a remarkable feeling for every parent. One of the key components of their <<strong>strong>development is communication skills. Strong communication skills will not only make them more confident but will also help them fare well in their academic and later professional life. So, how can you, as a parent, help your 7-year-old develop strong communication skills? Here are a few tips.
1. Engage in daily conversations: Have casual conversations with your child about their day, school, friends, hobbies, and other things they love. Engaging in conversations on a daily basis will help them develop conversational skills and also build trust between you two.
2. Read books and tell stories: Reading books and telling stories to your child can help them become better communicators. Narrate a story with different emotions, body language, and expressions. You can also ask them questions, let them make predictions, and discuss the plot which will improve their comprehension skills.
3. Play communication games: Play games like ’20 questions’ or ‘I spy’ with your child. It will help them learn new words and also help them prepare inculcate different communication strategies. These games encourage trying new strategies and also realign how they can improve their approaches.
4. Encourage them to express their emotions: It is essential to help your child identify and express their emotions. This will enhance their social skills so that they can build healthy relationships. Whenever your child is speaking to you, listen intently, and respond to their thoughts and feelings with empathy and respect.
5. Teach the importance of listening skills: Effective communication skills involve not only speaking but also listening skills. Teach your child to listen to their friends, classmates, and teachers. Provide them opportunities to listen better and respond appropriately.
6. Sign them up for extracurricular activities: Encourage your child to participate in extracurricular activities that involve public speaking, debate, theatre arts, or writing. These activities help children learn different communication styles and improve their overall confidence.
In addition, do not forget to praise them for their efforts and progress. Compliment them when you notice their achievements as children’s motivation often comes from their parents. Remember, practice makes perfect. With time and patience, these tips will surely help your child become a strong communicator.You also could see another post where we talk about WHAT ARE SOME WAYS TO ENCOURAGE 7-YEAR-OLDS TO BE RESPONSIBLE WITH MONEY? .
|Figures||Encourage your 7yearold to practice active listening. According to a study published in the International Journal of Listening, active listening can improve communication skills in children aged 7|
|Economical||Encourage your 7yearold to use openended questions when engaging in conversations. A study published in the journal Child Development found that using openended questions can help children develop better communication skills and increase their understanding of others’ perspectives.|
|Manufacturing||Model good communication skills for your 7yearold. According to a study published in the journal Pediatrics, modeling good communication skills can help children develop better communication abilities and increase their selfesteem.|
|Users||Encourage your 7yearold to practice problem solving and conflict resolution skills. A study published in the journal Early Childhood Research Quarterly found that teaching problem solving and conflict resolution skills can help children develop better communication abilities and increase their understanding of others’ perspectives.|